Parenting Advice and Strategies
Raising children can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience, but there are times when it can be quite challenging and demanding.
Psychologists at Essential Psychology are available to work alongside parents to help them feel more confident with their parenting skills and to help them develop effective ways of dealing with a range of concerns.
Consultations can include:
- Exploring ways of communicating more effectively with your child
- Exploring ways of handling stress and anxiety
- Disciplining in a positive manner
- Understanding your child’s behaviour
- How to deal with gifted children
- Advice on helping your child with learning disabilities
- Advice on school readiness
- Advice on academic performance
- Strategies for dealing with school refusal
- Helping your son or daughter deal with friendship issues
- Helping you son or daughter combat bullying
- Developing self esteem in children